Monday, January 19, 2009

Folded Book Sculptures
















One of my more recent craft discoveries was the art of folding books to create beautiful textured shapes. I saw this idea around Christmas in a few magazines done on a small scale as xmas decorations and decided to give it a go.

My partner and I are both big readers and we had lots of books i was able to rip up and fold, but i quickly demolished these and had to start buying books at the local op-shop. Everyone i have shown these to has loved them and a graphic designer friend had the great idea to somehow turn one into a lamp shade.......Im not sure how i would do that though..........i have to put my thinking hat on.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my stock so far, i h
ave lots more books to fold but so little time and so many other ideas.



No comments: