Saturday, July 24, 2010

Luna Park

I love my Hipstamatic................it makes everything look vintage and beautiful.

Not that Luna Park needs any help in that department, I LOVE Coney Island, the iconically australian artworks mixed with american cartoons and cool old school rides like the Barrel Run, the art deco, russian and 1930's mish mash of colour and faded antique glory!

I could spend an entire day in the Coney Island building just enjoying the artworks and amazing antique games and slot machine..........oh how i wish they all still worked!

The thing that I love most about this place is it still holds true to its original aesthetic. In these modern times, its SO nice to see hand painted signage and incredible Trompe L'oeil paintings covering entire exteriors and interiors of rides and buildings.
























































































































No comments: