Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Handmade Wedding Invitations

I finished and posted our Wedding Invitations the other day and now that they have been sent I can share the design with you all !!

I have been working on my dream DIY wedding for a year now and always wanted to do as much myself as possible (although I may have bitten off more than I can chew!
Our theme is Vintage Australian, I wanted to centre the design of the theme around our love for all things Australian and our AMAZING location!

We are getting married at our local Sailing Club, which is a bare bones 1950's weatherboard building with a HUGE deck overlooking Pittwarer on Sydneys Northern Beaches.......

The Stationary was designed in 3 parts -

1: The Invitation : A simple design I created using sillouhettes of my hairstyle and my (soon to be) Hubbys hairstyle, cut out of vintage wallpaper samples and stuck on the printed Invitations - each heart, cut from the same wallpaper samples was a different colour reflecting my love of colour and the colours used in the decor.












































2: The RSVP Postcard : These I designed using a photoshop brush of the back of a Vintage Postcard and on the front used old historical pictures of the Sailing Club back in the 1960's. I turned the photos sepia tone and added some colourful "Wish you were here........" and "Greetings from...." phrases
































3: The Details: I wanted to keep most of the Stationary simple and included all the details my guests will need to know on a seperate sheet of paper. This included - Dress Code, Times, Transport & Parking, Information on Children and the Venue. I used a pic of flowering gum leaves to convey the Australian style!




















So.............What do you think? Im a bit chuffed that I managed to get them all sent finally!
Im no graphic designer but im giving myself a pat on the back for this one!

More DIY wedding projects coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is noticeably a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in features also.
DNA FRONT UPPER STRUT BAR 89-98 NISSAN 240SX S13 - PURPLE