Friday, January 10, 2014

Nursery DIYS

As the New Year pushes forward, our bub gets closer and closer to arriving.
We have 8 weeks to go (actually alomost 7!) and I have only 1 week left at the day job (THANK GOD!). I am countig down with relish the day I get to thumb my nose at the rat race and avoid the dail commute.

I wont miss my computer, or my desk or the mountains of boring paperwork im required to do, and I am SO lookimng forward to sitting down with my sewing machine, working out the finishing touches for the Nursery and getting my creative juices flowing. The day job may pay the bills but it doesnt leave much time for craft!

The Nursery is still very much a mess and as bub will be sleeping in our room for the first 4-6 months (in the most BEAUTIFUL vintage wicker bassinet purchased last week!) Im coming to terms with the fact that its a work in progress but im so excited to finally have soem time to really get down to the business of getting it ready!


With that in mind I've put together a list of 6 DIY's I will definitely be trying my hand at over the next month!







1. This cute as a button Puppy Pillow DIY by  The Red Thread
2. A “Time for a Nap” pillow via Craft.tutsplus – Hint Hint little bubba!
3. A change table pad cover (So hard to find one in nice fabric!) via Mamemima and la-Stitch
4. An upcycled bunny softie via Makezine
5. A totally on trend Cloud Cushion tutorial from Liberty Fabrics
6. And a Zpagetti doily rug from Those DandelionDays

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm Heather and have a question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)