Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My new FAVOURITE room

When we first found out we were having a baby, my thoughts imediateley turned to the Nursery. It's possible I was more excited about decorating the babies room than I was about being pregnant.
I wasn't particularly fond of pregnancy but the pay off was worth it!

We are on a tight budget and had to source most of the items second hand and also had allot of hand me downs donated by friends and family. I found some seriously great bargains buying second hand items on Gumtree and our local "Sell, Buy, Swap" Facebook page like the Ikea change table and my fancy Bugaboo pram. 

I wanted to stick to a similar colour scheme (if you can call it that!) to the rest of the flat and went with a combination of bright primary colours, wood tones and white. 
All of the small decorative pieces were ones I already owned and had around the house, the books are a collection of my favourite childhood books and some newly bought or gifted, and I have big plans for a mini art gallery in the corner above the cot. I also managed to make quite a few things for the room, a cute cloud cushion, a pompom garland, a string of white soft hearts, a couple of artworks and some mobiles which are yet to be hung up. 

My favourite pieces in the room are the lush grass green rug from Ikea and the cane chair borrowed from my parents which has made the perfect feeding chair.
For the moment bub is still in our room sleeping in the most divine vintage wicker bassinet but I'm looking forward to when she's big enough to call this room her own, she already loves it and it's almost guaranteed to calm her down when she's upset, she just loves to look at all her things. 















No comments: