Monday, July 21, 2014

Creativity

Since becoming a mum I haven't had much time to be creative. The first few months were a whirlwind of sleepless nights and feeding, snuggles and nap times. Now that we are older and wiser (and sleeping better) I find I have more time to myself which is wonderful but creativity isn't coming as naturally as I had hoped. 

I have made a few new mobiles which has been fun, and I have a new product in mind that I am busting to get started on but when the inspiration strikes often it's at an inconvenient time and getting my creativity to line up with nap times feels a bit forced. 
I am so full of ideas of things to make for my new daughter and for My Handmade Heart and I wish I had the time to do it all! I think the key to any future creative time I might have in my future is to be organised and have everything I need to create on hand at a moments notice.

Before we had bub I had a wonderful office studio in the spare room but that's now baby land and I've had to cram all my craft supplies into boxes in the garage which is a bit sad and makes it somewhat difficult to locate any particular item on a whim.
Whilst hanging out in "Baby Land" with my daughter I noticed a tiny space behind her door where we currently keep the ironing board and some of hubby's fishing rods, if the door is only part way open it creates a tiny triangle of space that I think I might be able to turn into a craft corner.........literally! 
Hopefully once I'm organised the creativity will flow! 
Untill then here are some pictures of what I have been making lately...........

















No comments: