Thursday, September 11, 2014

6 Months Old








































My little love,

You are 6 months old now and how time is flying. You are such a serious little baby, taking in everything around you with endless fascination and curiosity. You take your time to decide what you like and dislike and never rule anything out on the first go. Everything everyone told me about motherhood has been true, all the cliches I shrugged off during pregnancy, how hard and how rewarding this would be, how you can get used to total sleep deprivation (I have thoroughly tested this theory on myself and can without doubt it is true) and how much love you can feel for one tiny little person. 
I can't imagine a life without you in it now!



We took you to the park and the beach last weekend and your reaction was bemused at best, you didn't really know what to make of the slide and daddy said you looked ever so serious as I held you on my lap in the swing.
The beach was much the same, you really tried hard to figure out what the yellow grainy stuff was (sand) digging your fists and toes into its warmth and seemed to almost quite like it but then I made the mistake of dipping your toes in the still cold wintry waves and you were a bit sad about that. Mamma's sorry.......I promise you will like the beach when it warmer!

You've been making progress with your rolling and turning, though we still need to work on that as you really don't seem to like the idea of ending up on your tummy. You have discovered hair pulling which is great fun and poor daddy has had to shave his beard off as a result, and you have cut your first teeth which was hard on us both and hurt a bit for you. You are 6 months old and I cant quite believe it, in another few months you will be moving about, sitting up by yourself and you wont need me so much anymore.................STOP growing so fast please!

You love - Sitting in your bumbo, playing under your play gym, going for walks in the pram, watching the birds on the balcony, listening to Peter and the Wolf, time with Daddy, watching us eat, putting everything in your mouth, pulling hair, Mamma's dressing gown, listening to Daddy play the guitar, Sophie the Giraffe, Mousy rattle and your bunny brother

You dislike - going for drives in the car,too many new people, tummy time, bedtime, getting changed, the vacuum and noisy places.

You are 6 months old and these last 6 months have been the best in my life.

P.S these photos are ones that we took for my mothers 60th birthday present. 
Cute poses by Kirra, photography & flower crown by me! 




No comments: